Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvfb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Makis View Post
Do you have a borescope to see inside the cylinders?

I'm not sure if you could even see anything since you can't turn the motor over but you never know.

I think you can get a decent / cheap one on Amazon that connects to your phone

Can you remove the oil filter to see if there's excessive amounts of metal bits? Or lift the car and drain the oil?

I don't how much it will help with diagnosing the problem but if you can't turn the engine over at all, something may have catastrophically failed.
i assume that the misfires the car has had are the reason it locked up. the valve cover job was done in feb so for the engine to decline this fast def means im taking this to court and trying to get someone to pay.
I don't think that's the case. It's possible the indy shop changed only the valve cover gasket and did not change the sparkplug tube gaskets and they were filling up with oil which caused the misfire. The report you posted said the spark plugs needed replacement but the misfires only stopped after the timing chain guide was found faulty and replaced.

I googled timing chain guide and n52 just out of curiosity because I've never read any posts about it for our cars, apparently on the n5x cars there are very few issues.

I would think maybe a botched timing chain guide replacement is the reason before the VC, but I don't know.

How many miles are on your car?

Also when the engine died did you hear any noises from the engine area? Or it just shut off?
Appreciate 0