View Single Post
      05-19-2006, 11:25 PM   #15
golfpro
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

the problem is with the new technology police are using. A lot of police agencies use RADAR. Which sends out the wavelengths and it bounces of a lotta stuff therefore your radar detectors are catching the waves before he can clock your speed. You hafta pass him for his radar to register a number. There is a new technology, very costly to agencies, called LIDAR (laser something or other). You may have seen police officers on the side of the road looking through binocular type things. Basically they look through those aim it to a point on the car like the headlights or license plate, push a button and WHABAM! they know how fast your going. In other words, you have no time to slow down, and they know how fast your going 1000 ft. before you even reach them. NYS Troopers are investing in this along with a lot of agencies in the northeast. I believe with LIDAR you have no chance, a couple years ago i got pulled over by LIDAR doin 83 in a 65 and my cobra detector (pretty expensive worked really well) warned me of the laser so i slammed on the brakes but when i passed the cop he already had his lights on and his arm out the windown signaling me to pull over.
Appreciate 0