02-19-2022, 02:13 PM   #16
dre0415
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z3, BMW 325XI, BMW 328XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoody007 View Post
You do you. Quality control in regards to metallurgy differs between, say TRW and eBay Chinese junk.

There is a reason why TUV certification is required for parts in Germany. If every part was the same, then why the certification? Because all parts aren’t the same, and suspension components are vital to safety on the road.

My car has 140K on it, and while well-maintained and clean, isn’t a concours-quality example either. But I use quality OEM parts because I value the safety of those around me and myself as well. Perhaps that’s the ethicist in me...
I agree suspension components are a vital component. But you also need to think about autozone as a company. If they were selling parts that were killing people I don't think autozone would still be alive. They may sell crappy starters and crappy alternators but when it comes to compnets that can actually kill I don't think these companies are just going to sell you garbage parts. That's my personal opinion and I don't have a problem using them. Although I will say I do appreciate the opinions of others because it does give me another perspective.
Appreciate 0