03-09-2022, 02:45 PM   #815
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I heard about air-valves in the Venturi air stream channels , to avoid the overdose of turbulence in the air channels .
The overload of air turbulence are causing the porpoising ..

The Ferrari has air-split valves under the front spoiler , at least in Barcelona .

But all that can be already changed tomorrow , because the teams stored massive data in Barcelona .As we know It's going bullet fast in the F1 technology .

From 5 hours ago :
Still no shipping for the HAAS cars , too bad ! Because they will miss the first test session from tomorrow .
Bad luck and a bad beginning for K.Magnussen ...Would love to see him on MAX's side ...
Who knows ...Maybe some day .
I don't think turbulence causes that issue, turbulent air isn't laminar so it wouldnt be able to accelerate the same and cause a massive pressure drop required for the venturi tunnels to work. So it would probably reduce down force preventing porpoising instead of causing it. So I don't think turbulence is the issue.

I'm not sure how valves would help either, I think you're talking about the flow conditioner under the front wing, but that's pretty normal among all of the teams and that's to generate the smooth Laminar flow teams want.
irunalot1518.00