View Single Post
      12-06-2022, 11:20 PM   #37
dmytro98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 128i coupe

There's going to be a slight change in path for this car than what I originally had planned. The original end goal for power was to simply get the most I can NA until I can afford to properly swap an s65 into it, but a good deal changed that or at least added a detour.

Now I originally didn't want a supercharger as it just didn't seem worth it. About 5k for the kit itself, and another couple hundred for a tune that would work with headers and other mods, to just squeeze out 300whp. But I've been watching the development of upgrade paths that have made as much as 450whp (or about 400whp if you don't run a custom water-to-air intercooler) which got me rethinking my options.

So then I started looking for used kits until I found a v2 ess supercharger kit someone was selling for less than half the price of what it costs new, and couldn't pass up the deal. Next is buying the parts for it to make real power, which I'm planning on getting 22rpd's "stage 3" kit which provides a couple of goodies, with the important ones being, a smaller pulley to make 12-14 psi of boost instead of the original 6 along with a water methanol kit to keep all that air cool, and a tune to make it all work. All that should be put me at 400whp and still be able to keep that relatively high revving (7500rpm), and have a linear power band. I would be making more power, and weigh less than having an s65, all I would be missing is that sweet, sweet sound.

Additionally, to get the power to the ground I ordered the "Turner Motorsport Performance Lightweight Flywheel N52/N55" along with a 550i clutch since apparently, the stock clutch will slip at those power levels, and it gives me an excuse to install a lightweight flywheel. And got some solid engine and trans mounts just to make sure I never want to drive my car.

It might be a while before I actually install anything, but I figured I'd post an update as it's been a while.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0