View Single Post
      08-27-2023, 02:52 PM   #1
roninsoldier83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 128i 6MT / AP2 Honda S2000

Suspension recommendations for mild track build- SCCA TT Sport 5

I'm thinking about building my E82 128i for SCCA Time Trails Sport 5. It's a very restrictive ruleset. I had a few questions:

1. Sway bars are limited to essentially whatever you can find at Tirerack (Eibach, H&R, etc) or factory options. What sway bars would you recommend? For reference, the car will NOT be allowed to run a LSD, so I'm hesitant to run too much rear bar.

2. The springs and shocks are also very limited, mostly to what is available at TR, with a few exceptions. I was planning on running Koni yellows with a set of Swift R springs (for a 135i, which I'm assuming should be just fine?) unless anyone has any alternate recommendations?

3. Camber plates are allowed on MacPherson strut cars, but have to be used in conjunction with commonly found springs/shocks (NO threaded coilovers). What camber plates would you folks recommend? I would like to try and shoot for -3 camber if possible, to help with grip as well as to help fit the class limit width for 200tw tires (245 wide).

Thanks in advance!