View Single Post
      11-07-2023, 09:11 AM   #3
BigZ88
Cap'n Winky
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_2011_135i View Post
If you have one side unloaded, and the other side under weight, then absolutely the sway bar will fight you. What was difficult about the suspension swap? are you using stock springs? Update on the ride quality later when you're up and running. I am looking for new shocks at some point and not sure what I want yet, but I don't think I want to do coils and lower the car. Are these the STR.T shocks?
Well, the previous owner had tightened the shock tower studs until they spun… so I had to drill them out… took about 4hours of cursing, breaking drill bits etc. to get one side out. Granted all of this was made worse due to the m3 strut bar which pockets around the special nuts….

Then you realize with the relatively short springs on these cars the standard rental spring compressors will not compress the spring enough to relieve tension on the top hat safely….

Once you finally get it out, (made easier due to lack of studs) getting a stock length spring/shock back in is a bear. Only way I could see to do it was taking the caliper off to not stress/break the brake line. Even after that and having loosened pivots at the arms it was a struggle to get back into the car. Maybe someone knows a better way but I only ever saw tutorials getting shorter springs back in.

These are the str.t… happy to update when I get this whole thing back together.
Appreciate 1