02-22-2024, 04:01 PM   #11
LVBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60 '23 Tesla Model Y-P

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RigaTony1982 View Post
On the two cars we’ve bought using a broker, no. When we ordered my wife’s X3 in December of 2022, we got 10% of MSRP. We reached out to a few dealers, including the one where she got her previous X1 and we take our cars for service. We have a good relationship with them, so figured they might. They basically told us there was no way we were getting that much off and that the broker was lying to us.

A few weeks later, I was at the same dealer getting service on my M340i. Happened to run into the sales guy and he asked how it panned out. I told him exactly how I said. They gave us 10% off. He was still baffled as to how.

When I ordered my Z4, same dealer had one sitting in their showroom. Had been there at least 5 months. Was January 2023 (so dead of winter in Chicago) and was a 2022 model. I told him I had an offer to order a 2023 for 3.5% off MSRP. Asked if they could beat it on the one sitting there. Couldn’t beat that offer either.
I had a similar experience ordering an iX. Broker deal = 10% off MSRP. Local dealer said if I can get that deal for real, take it (but it must actually be a loaner, etc. have them send me a photo of the odometer) - it wasn't. Ordered it custom made. Emailed the salesperson I dealt with at the local dealer a photo of the car after I received it. Never got a reply. First time using a broker, but it was so incredibly easy and an amazing savings. I don't think I will ever go back to the "old" way.
Appreciate 2