View Single Post
      04-30-2024, 08:48 AM   #20009
mkeiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e82 128i 6mt m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdt10768 View Post
Easy mod? Let's hear some more details on your mod. No swearing involved?
Very easy! I used this thread for gaining access to the button... https://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209558

Then I just used a box cutter to cut three of the four little tabs off the back of the button. I can't find any pics (and I didn't take any during the process) but it's pretty self explanatory once you gain access to it.

The top left tab is a little tough to get access to, so I did the other three tabs first and then just broke the last tab by pressing down on the button.

I read online that this trick only works for 2011+ 1 series. 2008-2010 will need a whole new Euro Switch? Unsure of the validity of that but it worked on my 2011...

If it's rainy after work today (which I think it will be), maybe I'll take it apart again and take some pics along with pics of the rear fog in use.
2011 BMW 128i 6MT M Sport - Alpine White on Terracotta w/ Glacier-Silver trim - Koni Yellows w/ H&R Sport Springs, M3 Control Arms, Euro Intake, BMW Performance Exhaust, 3.73 Diff w/ RacingDiffs LSD Conversion, Black Line Taillights, M Performance Grilles, lots-o-maintenance
Appreciate 0