View Single Post
      05-09-2024, 12:26 AM   #2039
Jonas02
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31

The iX3 (G08) for Europe is produced in China and except for the “engine” identical to the X3 (G01) looking at the interior. When in 2021, only half a year after the launch of the iX3, the X3 got a LCI, this was also the case for the iX3.

With the launch of G45 in 8-24 in Spartanburg and the plug-in hybrid G45 in South-Africa (also 8-24?), I’m curious if the iX3 will also get an interior update in line with the regular X3?

The current iX3 G08 is falling behind when it comes to range and charging speeds and besides the interior could really use an update from the DC 150KW to >200KW seen in the i4/i5/iX. Also the AC charging speed with 11KW could be improved to 22KW. Then the range of 465km WLTP could also really be improved, at least the better cw of the new G45 could help. Is there anything you can find on a possible update?
Or will the current iX3 from China continue exactly as is till mid 2025 when the Neue Klasse iX3 NA5 is launched in Hungary?

Last question: I know it’s not relevant for the US, but the X3 G45 plug-in hybrid will be produced in South-Africa and also receive an update from the current plug-in hybrid. Any details on new battery capacity? Charging speed? Will it only have AC charging or like a lot of VW Group cars get DC charging as well on the PHEV?
Appreciate 0