View Single Post
      04-20-2007, 09:56 PM   #34
WolfsburgerMitFries
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 3er

Here's an idea I'd like to present. As far as competitors to the 1 series, I have a slightly different take...which allows for wider comparison with other cars.

I am considering the 1 series for a garage kept, secondary fun car. I have another vehicle specifically for winter road salt, Wal-mart door dings, and transporting odd junk.

So when the idea of "competition" presented, I'm comparing vehicles from $30k - $45k that are primarily fun lifestyle cars (and only cars), not necessarily the same size. For me, a competing choice is all about what you are getting for your money. Performance wise, competitors merely have to be quick/sporty, something that inspires desire...something when you drive down the street, people take notice. Long term retained value also is an issue.

So under those conditions, let me present this idea...

And it does not necessarily have to be the top spec 425HP 6.1L SRT-8 version. I'd be happy with a 300 HP version in the mid 30K range well equipped. So for similar money as a 6 cylinder 1 series, how does this idea strike you?
Appreciate 0