View Single Post
      10-02-2007, 06:41 PM   #166
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower View Post
The only models that had the one fewer oil cooler were automatic transmission models. To my knowledge, all manual transmission models were equipped with two oil coolers from the factory. Which makes Motor Trend's experience with a 335i still valid. And no matter how you sugar coat it, it is the engine that is running upwards of 330 degrees (F). To say that the engine doesnt have problems is completely ignoring the the fact that the engine is overheating, not the oil coolers.

Stretching your muscle on an internet forum... must feel good, doesn't it? If you think this is crap talk, I can direct you to thousands of other forums where it is much worse.

Do you just ignore every post that is posted and continuing saying the same thing over and over again? spinzero and I have been debating the reality of a poor business decision to bring us a neutered engine for no apparent reason.

If money wasnt a factor, I would be in line at the BMW dealer waiting for an M3. Unfortunately money is a factor and it will determine whether or not a 135i will work or not. Still, the 130i would have satisfied everything for me for the price of a 128i. Just a bad, bad, bad business decision.

To your knowledge..? C'mon, can you understand why I was calling shenanigans about people talking crap?

Well your wrong! Only cars with the sport package were suppose to come with the oil cooler. Now, with all the complaints (very few actual problems) and supplier problems, BMW had modified that to include other optioned 335i's. I've read that all 2008 335i models will have the oil coolers, plz confirm.

Secondly, if you READ, then you'll know that the n54 was designed to run hotter for efficiency reasons. As was mentioned in their BMWefficiencydynamics program liturature.

I do understand your wanting more value in the base model if your not going to pull the trigger on a 135i. But, to wish or debate over that ad nauseum is pointless. Your saying that 265 hp is enough for you, where-as 230hp isn't? But logically, most the people who buy the base model (128i)will still get exceptional performance for a $30k'ish BMW coupe.

Coicidentally, if "performance" is what your looking for, BMW offers the 135i for only $4 grand more. Hardly insurmountable or even debatable, because option in cars like these can add $6k easily.

Your trying to argue a fact that the Mustang has only 210hp and it's not enough for you and complaining you want more power, yet Ford offers the Mustang GT for only $5k more. BMW is no different.

Like everything in life, you get what you pay for, BMW isn't going to hand you what your looking for, for under $30k...!!

-Garrett
Appreciate 0