View Single Post
      10-03-2007, 07:57 AM   #172
BMWeber
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

dam so many things to discuss so little time to type. First thing is I'm in agreement with most of the things Garrett is saying.

one comment on cars running more efficiently hotter Is a fact, to a point. that is why cars have thermostats. anyone ever have a thermostat get stuck open. in average weather the car can stay 40F or so cooler than normal operating temperature. if cooler was always better why don't cars just run like that? for example economy versions of the old 5.0 liter ford always had a higher temp thermostat than the HO versions.

about the LS3 and fuel economy. it's not just the engine. I've owned a few LS series engine cars. half the high fuel economy has to do with the ridiculous low 6th gear. if you drive around not using 6th you'll average about 18 MPG. the other thing is the corvettes aerodynamics, they help a lot at highway speeds. my Z06 would get up to 28 mpg on a long trip.

130 vs 128 I think everyone would like a 130 vs 128. its just not practical for BMW. it would definitely take some sales away from the 335 that's why a 130 coup isn't available in Europe. I'd be considering 130 vs 135 if they made it. they're also trying to keep costs down(however little it is). maybe they should of just brought us a 125 or even a 120. ofcourse everyone would be debating why didn't they make it a 128 vs a 125 because the 125 really is just a neutered 128. oh well I guess we all need something to complain about.
Appreciate 0