11-28-2007, 04:09 AM   #293
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo View Post
Is there anything that you know of that indictates that we will maybe see this car?
  • the idea that bmw would produce something like the 1 series and not make a performance variant, especially with stated intentions of returning to roots, seems ignorant to me
  • it is the perfect exemplification of "efficient dynamics"
  • perfect for what bmw intends to do with the one series in my mind which is attract young buyers that just sold their tuned wrx/evo seeking a FUN, high performing, economical car in a reasonable daily driver package and will go on to buy an M5 etc.
  • perfect for the bmw enthusiasts and purists that gripe about how soft bmw has gotten
  • the first post in this thread. i believe what scott says, he has a good track record. you can choose not to
  • for the record i think it would be called a CS. maybe they will only wait it out and make a ///M someday. but there will be a performance version of the 1 series that will have the concepts expressed by the tii at its base.
  • i could be wrong but i believe the majority of bmw concept cars of this nature, especially when presented this early, do go on to production
  • its a whole other thing as to whether or not it would make it to the US, but i do believe it will
Appreciate 0