04-06-2008, 07:07 AM   #40
1HungryMan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrcr View Post
This approach is hardly rocket science but congratulations on getting a 'good' deal.

For your sake I hope everything runs smoothly and you get your car as planned with no hassles along the way.

In my experience the salespeople who respond to this approach only do so because they aren't good enough to sell on anything but price.

For something as important as a new car, I personally prefer to pay a little more knowing that I'm dealing with someone who is good at what they do.
This is totally incorrect. It is simple mathematics, not unlike the Publisher's Clearing House phenomenon: A dealer quietly pushes through another unit at less profit rather than not getting a sale at all, which increases his leverage with the mothership via more cars sold. It's not unlike negotiating mortgages with banks at the end of the month when they're needing to meet their quotas, and offer lower rates.

It is, however, predicated on the general public not knowing about this trick though, so this thread will actually close the loophole if it becomes too well known.
Appreciate 0