04-14-2008, 03:09 PM   #38
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd View Post
I think if they do it, it will be a new FI 4, 2.0 or 2.5l; M will want to do their own motor. They need a very specific case for it and I think they have one. Go CSL with a lightweight turbo 4, light rims, LSD, CF roof, recaro seats with minimal standard options. The M3 fits into the very fast GT crowd now, this needs to be a racer, light, agile, fast where you have to work the gearbox to keep it on boil. If they do that then it can be better than the M3, it can be faster for less money because you are going for two different audiences.

It won’t sell in huge number’s but that’s OK. It’s a return to BMW racing heritage, to why BMW’s have always been thought of as a driver’s car as they have added on the pounds and $$

I hope BMW does it even if I couldn’t afford one, there is always used, am I right?
+1. hoping for 2.5LTT but if we were placing bets i'd be on 2.0LTT. im almost certain theyll do something along these lines but not till 2010/11 in the "F20"

are you guys seriously suggesting V6's? and there will not be a V8 in this bad boy.
Appreciate 0