View Single Post
      02-13-2009, 11:51 AM   #28
Alow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 128i, F36 430i GC

Mine took hours to dry in the garage in 50ish temperature. It sucked big time. Next time I am waiting until warmer temperature and nicer weather so I can do it outside in the shade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackMulligan View Post
I put the first coat of Z5 on last night and let it dry for about an hour. Working in a cold garage BLOWS. I used a propane space heater for a bit but it seemed like it was making me lightheaded and I ran out of propane after about half an hour anyway (I did have both garage doors up about a foot or so to vent the garage).

Anyhow, the Zaino probably didn't all come off because of the temperature. On Saturday morning when it's fully dry and cured, I'll hit the entire car with Z6 and then put a coat of Z2 on, then Z6 again. At that point I'm done with the cold weather detailing, nothing works well in this temperature. I also put Raggtop protectant on the top and that took forever to dry. It still has a slightly greasy feel to it, not sure if that's how it's supposed to be or not. Oh well, at least it looks fantastic. I will post up pics this weekend.
Appreciate 0