dmailloux
Navy Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 CBM X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbr0wn View Post
Really? I thought this was for performance. If looks are important, then I think a well formed plastic piece would "look" better than a metal box with welds that look like they came from a High School shop class.

My .02

BTW, I don't own an after market intake or plenum. So no fanboi posts from me promoting one product at the expense of another.
TRULY AWESOME COMMENT! LOL I wanted to say it but I figured everyone would flip a bitch that I had something negative to say about Riss Racing.
I've been anticipating getting the plenum and the scoops for the past several weeks and when I opened the box, it was well... a total buzz kill. The plenum looks (as tkbr0wn stated) like something someone made in shop class. I guess I was expecting the plenum to look less ghetto--When I buy a part for my $45,000 car, I expect it not to have any fittament issues, and I expected it to look more professional I guess like, the Injen plenum (i'm not promoting them). Not to mention the " "RR" logo on the front center of it, which was basically a piece of sheet metal with a RR sticker and it was glued on to the plenum
I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sending mine back. I'm tired of having install issues with everything I order from them. Their customer service is great and they're stand up guys but I'm tired of having issues.
I'm not an automotive idiot, I turbo'd my Infiniti G back back a few years ago. But all the items I've had to talk to RR tech support (Daniel is a great help) for minor shit like parts missing or the scoops not fitting properly with the stock piece, it just doesn't seem worth the money.
Please no flaming me for saying all this, if you're happy with your Plenums and RR then thats awesome for you! this is just my honest opinion.
Appreciate 0