07-02-2009, 01:44 AM   #38
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Tyler View Post
The land of Oz is definitely on my list of places to visit! I will keep that in mind

Hmm ok. Treadwear 50 tires would be illegal even for the next class up above us, I believe. The tires that are legal for that class must be DOT (Dept. Of Transportation) Approved for road use. Most cars in that class run the Toyo R888s which I think are treadwear 100. Out of curiosity, any idea how your Dunlops compare to that tire?

We have our own custom linear spring rates on the car (the "kit" V3 rates were too soft). We have tuned out a lot of the oversteer with our custom springs and by going back to the stock rear sway bar, but I think we still need to add some more front spring.
Over here, the 3 main R-spec people use are Bridgestone RE55, Dunlop DZ03G and R888s. R888s is the best in the rain. That's about it. The Dunlops are the softest compounds and are the fastest. You can get a harder compound Dunlop too, which are more suited to say 1-2 hour races as opposed to the time attacks. I would say the Dunlops are some 1.5-2 seconds a lap faster on tracks like the Williowsping one on your video.
Appreciate 0