View Single Post
      09-28-2005, 02:42 PM   #57
onesixeight
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom
And the alternative is? To officially admit there's a problem and buyback every E90 that sold with an A/T. Then, on top of that, participate in some class action lawsuit that a calif lawyer trumps up?

I think it's safe to say BMWNA knows about the problem, but since they can't find a fix, they don't want to open themselves up to a lawsuit by "officially" admiting there's an issue.

I'll bet ya $5 in 6-12 months they're going to quietly "turn off" the soft stop on all E90's sold with A/T's.
The alternative is to acknowledge that there is a problem and a fix is on the way. I first complained about the problem the first day I picked up the car on May 27th. The following Monday I called BMW NA Customer Relations where I got little help. I posted on roadfly and someone from BMWNA contacted me and schedule an appointment to meet with an FSR from San Francisco. All he did was say it's normal and that like Active Steering (AFS) some people will like it, and some won't. In my opinion, that is not a valid analogy as I don't think anyone would enjoy brakes that lurch an inch everytime you come to a stop.

My problem with BMW AG and BMW NA is the way they approach problems. This is not an isolated case. On my 745, the electronic parking brake lurches everytime you engage it. I've had it for almost 3 years now, and they still haven't done anything about it. And they want me to get another 7? Forget it. Ever since my first complaint about the E90 in late May, they have now release a major CIP update which does nothing to address the problem. Like you said, BMW would easily turn off "soft-stop". But of course, they would be a nightmare for BMW admit one of their US industry first's, doesn't work as intended. This is not my first car with soft-stop, I have a E220 in Hong Kong with Bosch soft-stop and it does it's job as intended.

As for removing soft-stop, if they do, great, if they don't fine. For me, the damage is done. BMW continues to disappoint time and time again.
Appreciate 0