View Single Post
      02-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

W00t! APEX ARC-8's with 255 Front, 275 Rear Installed!!

Finally got the wheels, and I think they look great. I went for fitment over form, but the form is pretty good, IMO.

The specs:
APEX ARC-8 Wheels -
  • Rear 18x9.5 ET62, Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec 275/35/18, no spacers, and room for more... no rubbing at all. Stock rear camber (or darned close to it). Fenders unmodified.
  • Front 18x8.5 ET38, Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec 255/35/18, no spacers. I'm running -2.7 deg camber (Vorschlag camber plates), and there's 1/2" room between the fender and the (very) tucked tire. No rubbing at all too. Fenders rolled. I think I can get it to about -2.3 deg, if I want to, and still not rub.
I did raise the front of the car about 3/4" from these pics, because it just looks way too dumped in front.

I posted these pics in the APEX Group Buy thread, but thought they needed to be here too. Sorry for the dirty car, as you can see, the weather is not conducive to detailing or even driveway washing...

For those who do not want to add camber plates, These wheels should work with 275R, 235F, with little issues, maybe removing the alignment pin and sliding the strut hat over (if you need anything at all).

One more thing, lemme tell ya, this thing has HUGE GRIP, with the camber and humongous tires, even in the cold weather....

Now for pics!

First, here's view of the fatty rear tires.

Next a few that I took at the entrance of a park down the street.

And here's some to show the GOOD clearance.

Been a LONG time coming, and I'm pretty happy. Thanks Eddy @ APEX.

Last edited by larryn; 02-08-2010 at 08:45 PM..
Appreciate 0