View Single Post
      05-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #10
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Hi Ianc,

Yea... my car is only a few months old and I already have several (5) rock chips on the front of the car! One big one on the hood from the major snow we got in February! That one just drives me nuts!! Driving on the autobahns has some draw backs - from all these rock chips.

I bought and used the BMW foil/clear bra kits, as I mentioned above. One kit covers the hood (the first 15 inches or so) and tips of the front fenders. The other kit covers 'some" of the bumpers. The clear bra foil is made by 3M and comes from BMW. My installer also uses 3M products. Its fairly thin stuff... less than one millimeter thickness, I believe.

I was a little disappointed by what all they (Bmw's kit) cover in the bumpers. Basically it is just the L-shaped strip from the middle part of the bumper from the front tag and over outwards and down. Kind of an upside down L shape form. Also the outer edge of the front fender. You can see by the BMW sheets I included in my first post, what all the kit film covers.

Since I had the shop also cover my mirrors with their 3m film, I also had them add some film in some strategic spots. I had them add some film to the front spoiler splitters (brake ducts and oil cooler feeds). Also to the nose area around the grill area. The BMW pumper kit is designed for Euro plated cars… so I also had the shop add some extra strips to the front tag area – for one day when I return to the states.

I really can not get over the fact how easy my installer made the whole process go. It really was easy install. Except for the mirrors that is. That is where she spent most of her time doing.

take care,
David
Appreciate 0