View Single Post
      08-25-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Thumbs up Vishnu Procede + Meth Dyno

Hi All,

I installed a meth kit on a car a couple of weekends back and we hit the dyno with it last night (attached). The car is an 08 135I 6AT with following mods:

* Procede V4 latest maps
* DCI
* Full exhaust with decat down pipes
* Vishnu Meth Kit (75/25 meth/water)

The lowest run (199kW ATW) is in valet mode which basically puts the tune to standard, but it will make more power than standard because of the other mods. Typically a stock car is around 175-185kW ATW on this dyno, but the mechanical mods made it quite healthy.

The middle run is Procede map 1 without meth, which is 13.5psi. A nice healthy 239kW ATW which is pretty much as expected for a 6AT with Procede and other mods. We could have gotten more by putting in a little more boost (probably about 250 with 14.5psi).

The highest run is with meth enabled. The Autotune is running around 15.5psi. The result is an extra 40kW for only 2psi more boost which is a phenomenal result. Meth is fantastic stuff. Normally at this boost we would only be expecting an extra 15kW or so, but the meth cools things down and controls knock to give MUCH more.

I was very happy with this result. I was expecting about 20-30kW extra with Meth, but was very surprised to get a genuine 40kW. And this was repeatable also. 3 back to back runs were within 2kW of this figure, and I just printed the highest which was the last run (so autotune was still running!!). Probably could have broken 280 with more runs, but did not want beat on a customers car.

The dynos are super smooth, and super repeatable. Contact me for more info on the Procede and/or meth. I can also supply the DCI and should have decat pipes in the not too distant future.

EDIT - I have added some photos of the install. One photo is the parts installed under the trim. The other photo is with the trim fitted. Note that this was a custom install. The Vishnu kit is designed to be used on a 335I which has a removable trim on the RHS rear. We decided to LHS so as to not lose the netted boot area and the cigarette lighter socker. We custom fitted the parts under the trim and made a bracket to fit the bottle to the trim. Ended up quite neat and easy to fill the bottle.

Cheers,

Adrian
Attached Images

Last edited by adrian@vishnu; 08-25-2010 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Added Photos
Appreciate 0