View Single Post
      08-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #299
niuniu
NO DOGMA
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: baby bimmer

Registering to say, well done on what we've seen so far from the 1M. You guys don't look to have pulled any punches on the design. I'm sure many potential customers will be put off by not getting what they wanted, ie more horsepower, or a higher revving engine etc. But drivers like myself are absolutely ecstatic that we're being offered a balanced daily sports car with attitude, that to a degree satisfies a side to us that is worried about our actions in the environmental scheme of things. I no longer get joy from recklessness or absentmindedness (though I have served my time).

I listened to Dr. Kay's interview and was very pleased, I can definitely now say I'm an M fan. The future of sports cars will be safe with people like Kay behind it, ensuring BMW doesn't get left behind and ensuring that the pleasure and feel of driving a sports car doesn't get lost in EU (and no doubt NA) regulations.

Last year I downsized and have enjoyed using a smaller engine for daily use - but I do miss the power somewhat. I'm counting the days to this 1M, feels like you made it to my specifications!