Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135MDCT View Post
Thanks for all the great feedback.

Are there functional vertical vents in the rear?
Is the M button like the Sport button, or is there a time limit?
How do the 1addict renders compare to the real thing?
How's the rear diff? Your in the wet, yet no comments.
How's throttle response compare?

Electronic Steering. Please elaborate. Do your hands feel the road? How does it compare?

There has got to be some more negatives you can share with us?
There is no visible vent for the rear. But the wide back fender already make your saliva dropping.

The M button is the sport mode & will keep running until you press it again.

I think the real thing looks very attractive even you are not cars-lovers. The whole car is more than we all expected in term of the performance & out-look.

The wide back of the car make it looks very sporty & it definitely help stabilizing the car. As I have mentioned, at the test track, at the U turn, the rear still followed well even I over-speed a little bit but it does allow a little slide. Lot of fun but safe.

Throttle response definitely much better than 135i & when the M button pressed, the throttle became even more sensitive & more responsive. The response remained linear even it was so aggressive, so easy to handle.

Actually I do not know this is electronic steering. The steering was very accurate & responsive even at high speed & wet road. You can clearly feel the front wheels & give you high confidence when making turns. When compare with 135i, it is much clear (but may be partially due to RFT in 135i) & very firm when compare with Z4 at high speed.

One more negative feedback is the interval between 5th & 6th gears are quite long due to 6th gear is the over-drive gear. If they can make the gear ratio of the 5th & 6th gear closer, I think I can get to the max speed earlier. But that is not useful for everyday life!

Last edited by Bigmouth Studio; 11-22-2010 at 12:21 AM..
Appreciate 0