View Single Post
      12-11-2010, 01:46 AM   #449
sq86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i E92 LMB

Garage List
The more I think about this car the more I like it. It's very similar to the E46 in size, weight, and hp (more torque which is good ). I don't think people should complain about weight because that wasn't an issue with the E46 and most people loved that car.

To the people who think that this car should be more than the Z4 35is because of its engine just remember that you get more with this car for what will probably be $15k less. It should also be faster than the Z4 as that weighs more than 240 lbs. more even though the 1M lacks the DCT.

As far as the 1M lacking power (which I don't think it does), I think Dinan would love to get their hands on this car as it's a tuners dream. You could easily add a CF intake to add a few extra hp; then there is a larger intercooler, CF intake manifold, an ECU flash, exaust, etc. This car could easily hit 380 hp no problem with these mods, under warranty. Only BMW would prevent this from happening so it remains to be seen. I personally don't think it lacks power. I mean how much power do you need on a daily basis? Only at track day would you want more but how often does anyone do those? One or two a month? It will be fast and fun for a few twisties on the way to and from work. It will be a great occasional track car with everyday driveability. I am really looking forward to this car for being a solid, fun little car. For the price, I don't think there will be anything else better out there.

BMW CCA Member# 481791
Current: 2013 E92 328i LMB/Saddle Brown (1 of 21 for E92 LCI in that combo), 2018 F31 330xi AW/Saddle Brown
Sold: 2011 1M BS/Black, 2008 E90 328xi AW/Beige, 2001 E46 330xi SG/Black
Appreciate 0