01-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #47
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKumarM3 View Post
ok i agree. but what happens when you lighten up the m3, add suspension, better gearing, stickier tires?

the ring lap times do not lie. the e9x m3 does it in 8:05. the 1m does it in 8:12. if you want to talk about modified cars, then modify both, not just the 1m.

the m3 w/better flowing headers, an aftermarket suspension, r comps, better pads, and some weight reduction - essentially a m3 gts - did it in 7:48

a 1m with a chip, coilovers, r comps, better pads, weight reduction - i don't think it can shave close to 24 seconds off its lap time. i think it can surpass the e9x m3 STOCK nurburgring numbers, and get close to the sub 8 minute mark, but that still leaves 12 seconds on the table.

the e9x m3 is a better performing car than the 1m - stock for stock and modified as well. i don't see an incentive in buying a used 1m other than the looks or the title of owning a 1m, especially when its older brother is cheaper (used) and better performing and way more reliable (n54 hasn't been proven on the race track) and resourceful (2 legitimate rear seats or 2 rear doors).
The E9x shaved time because of the top end power on the straights. Guaranteed. It sure as hell didn't create that distance in the corners. No one says the 1M would beat the E9x. The argument is that it can EQUAL an E9x. And for considerably less. I don't think the modded vs modded argument holds water ie: 135M 47k + tune+speed delimiter = 48k. E9x 55k + tune+?? = 56k-57k.

Yes it really is that simple.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0