View Single Post
      03-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #28
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

If you think all those MT possibilities get "boring" fast, imagine just pulling paddles with your finger tips lol ... I suppose boring would be an improvement for DCT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries932 View Post
I went from

auto acura legend (1 year) - auto 328i (1 year) - step auto 330ci (1 years) - manual M3 (4 years) - DCT 135i (current)

Honestly once you learn everything about a manual it gets crazy boring. You first get shifting down where you can smoothly shift and make the car feel like an automatic (this is a feat when you dont have anyone to teach you how to drive a manual). Then you start learning how to downshift and match the rev's with a heel to toe downshift. Then you decide to learn how to double clutch (even though it is really unneccessary due to modern day syncros)...the list honestly goes on...probably why i put on 70k miles on my M3 in a 4 year time period.

At that point I just got over it. I wanted something new. I like new technology and I love gadgets. So to me DCT was the obvious choice. Who knows though I have only had the DCT for a month...I might get bored of it...but I am sure my extremely long list of planned mods will keep up the excitement.
Appreciate 0