View Single Post
      04-30-2011, 03:30 PM   #21
ltb01
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i

I just brought my 2011 128i home Thursday and this morning while washing/waxing it for the first time, opened the hood with the wipers in the up position. Needless to say, they cracked the windshield (two ~10” long cracks). I can’t help but notice that the first person who posted something about this problem wrote his comments in June, 2008. It's ridiculous that BMW has had such a basic design flaw in this car for at least 3 model years and their solution has been to bury a warning in the manual on page 121 (per Tom’s post).

At any rate, I’m going to call my insurance company on Monday and then I’m going to send a letter to BMW, asking why they have failed to correct this problem and requesting that they reimburse my insurance company for the expense of the new windshield. If they refuse to reimburse my insurance company, I will never buy another BMW and I will contact an attorney to file a class action suit. I’m not big on suing, but BMW should have corrected this design flaw a long, long time ago. Anyway, if anyone would like to join this class action suit, please send an email to me at lancetb1349@yahoo.com) with your contact information.
Appreciate 0