View Single Post
      05-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #10
techthentic
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i, 370z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endgame View Post
The Nismo 370z is slower than the Base + Sport as it weighs much more. Bear in mind that was the Euro Z that the 1m coupe beat, not that the US one is that much better. However the Nismo Z was faster than the 1m Coupe around Willow. I think the 1m did 1:38 while the Nismo did it in 1:34; forgot where I saw that thought.

That said, the Z cost at least 15k less than the 1m coupe. A few mods totaling less than $3k will put the Z much much closer to Cayman R performance if not match it.

The 6MT Z is 0-60 in 4.6; the 7AT is 4.5 last time I checked. Don't sleep on the Z. I actually picked one up over the 1 and opted not to wait for the 1M Coupe. That said, as stated earlier, it was out of line for that person to laugh.. I still like the 1M, but am glad I did not wait for it.

I'm all for supporting one's purchases, but you need a reality check, and I hate to bag on a fellow Z owner.

The Nismo 370z is only marginally better than the 370z. In fact, on the street, the 370z will take it's Nismo brother at the stop light. The Nismo 370z only shines on a track, thanks to its revised suspension set-up... but even then not really since the car is plagued with over-heating issues.

So in short, the Nismo 370z doesn't hold a candle to the 1M, nor does the 370z.

And p.s. 0-60 for the 370z is 5.2 seconds, for the Nismo 370z is 5.3
And the auto's are slower. No dual clutch, overly fancy launch control here.

It's still a decent car, but no need to make it out as something so much better than what it really is just to justify yourself not buying a 1M.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...z-touring.html
Appreciate 0