View Single Post
      10-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #41
SteveAZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i Cab

I think your point would be more effective if you didn't try to make yourself out to be a martyr.

By trying to appeal to the community that you are trying to do them a favor by doing "months of R&D" on their behalf(c'mon, really?), thanking your supporters (to rally the troups), and promoting it as a hobby but then charging them a 300% mark up while bashing your competition...in my opinion it undermines your point. If you're out to make a buck, that's cool.

HOWEVER, you have some valid points, BMS screwed up by using your photos, that's on par with the crap the oversees sellers are doing. To which you have every right to call them out on it. Demanding royalties when claiming to be doing the community a favor...not so much.

Also, if I sold a similar product to yours and heard you were bashing my product, I may or may not choose to make modifications to my product to make my customers happy. I see the arguments on both sides of that debate. After that, it became a pissing match and you decided to take yours public. Not only that but you clearly went for the throat by posting on every forum possible...also undermines your point a bit IMHO.

Also, I think you're gonna have a hard time convicing people how ruthless Terry is (I'm truly impartial). I've seen a thread where somebody had an idea for an improved PCV, presented it to Terry and he told them to run with it. They did and sell it on Terry's forum.

Either way, best of luck in your venture, if nothing else write it off as a learning experience.

Last edited by SteveAZ; 10-17-2012 at 12:49 AM..
Appreciate 0