View Single Post
      02-06-2015, 02:24 PM   #1
Brearley_III
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' E82 S65 1M, 21' F95 X5MC

Garage List
WTF BRracing!? No more harness bars for E82's...

Me: I'm currently working on a 135i>1M conversion and would like to order your BRR Harness Bar Solution. I would like it powder coated (White) the car is Alpine White if you can paint match also, if not a standard White is good too.

BRR: Sorry...but we no longer produce that bar.

Me: Would it be possible to have you make one?? I would be willing to wait for production.

BRR: We just destroyed the "jigs" used to make the bar set, as we have not sold a bar in over a year, so no market demand, no need to make the bar.
I only have my bar (from my 135i project) left...and, for me to sell my only bar, which I could do, it would sell at a premium (like, to make me part w it, I would only sell it for $3k).
Don't think that makes sense given your other details.

Me:If I built up some interest for a group buy would it be possible to recreate it? If so how many would we need to produce to make it worth while? I know a few guys already who would want one... Would 10 do it?? Definitely not looking to spend $3k, your right.

BRR:Frank.
Sorry if I wasn't clear...we destroyed the "JIGS"...which means we have no means to build any more, even if a large order was present. Bruce
BRracing

Was I being rude?? Just trying to get the guy some business...
Thanks a lot BRracing

Last edited by Brearley_III; 02-09-2015 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: thumbs down removed.
Appreciate 0