View Single Post
      05-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
JBW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Landshark Automotive ...STAY AWAY!

Landshark Automotive, located in Natick, MA, is NOT the place to trust your cherished BMW to. I KNOW this from experience.

Please see below for a copy of the email I have written and sent today to Landshark Automotive. I have yet to receive a response.

Dear Landshark Automotive:

I was thrilled to have found you initially. I thought I had discovered a shop to create a long relationship with. One that would be able to provide sound guidance and, most importantly, install a complete suspension conversion capably. I could not have been more wrong.

I have a few basic questions for you:

When I spoke with you about the AST Suspension components that were part of the suspension conversion you were to install, I asked you specifically to take proper measurements to ensure that I would be able to get the ride height drop I wanted. Why did you neglect to do this? And, in the off chance that you took all proper measurements prior to installation, why did you continue the installation with the helper springs on when you should have known they needed to be removed?

I provided the correct M3 front headlight regulating rod to you. This piece is/was required to maintain factory spec. aiming of the headlights. Upon investigation, I realized that you neglected to install this component. Why did you leave the E82 rod on, when the M3 rod was required and provided?

After you noted that my vendor had sent an incorrect rear headlight bracket, you made a bracket to get me out the door. You stated confidently and clearly to me that, although you would order it, I did not need the factory bracket. Further, that I’d be fine leaving it as is. Since leaving your shop it has become obvious that the vertical aim of my headlights is way off. Why did you suggest that your “solution” was all that I needed?

How could you have let me drive my car off when the threaded damper bolts were clearly rubbing against the bottoms of the corner strut braces? How could you not have noticed that there was an issue here? Why did you not examine the installation of the front assemblies well at all?

I brought you Swift Thrust Sheets to install. My instructions, as well as those indicated on the package via a picture that a child could understand, clearly indicated how to install them properly. Why did you install these improperly? Not only were they installed in the wrong spots, at times around the helper springs, but they were also installed backwards in some spots, with the resin sheet on the bottom. Why did you do this?

Why did you insist that Thrust Sheets do nothing when I confronted you on this particular matter? This is especially curious as you have no idea what they really are or how to install them. Why?

Why did you put down my suspension choice and claim that AST is “crap” when the vast majority of knowledgeable racers and shops know it’s considerably better than the standard KW parts you recommend?

Why did you completely over-torque my wheel lugs?

Why did you tell me that I knew nothing and was “just a forum guy?” I’m especially interested in this considering all aforementioned. It’s weird. I seem to know much more than you on a number of issues. And, you “run” a shop!

Because of you:

* I am now left having to remove and reinstall the entire front assemblies to take the helper springs off.
* I must purchase and install a new set of thrust sheets because you ruined them by installing them improperly.
* I am left with damaged corner strut braces.
* I must go through the process of setting ride height again.
* I had to install the provided and correct headlight sensor assembly parts
* I have to live with the fact that I paid you.
* I am completely motivated to let the world know what a hack shop you have.

Why? Because YOU ARE INCOMPETENT, IGNORANT, RUDE, UNEDUCATED and NEGLIGENT! Congratulations.

I look forward to doing all I can as "just a forum guy" to steer business away from you. I'd be doing a real disservice to the thousands of regional "just forum guys" if I were to do anything but.

You are a complete hack.

So, obviously, my experience with Landshark was anything but horrific. There is absolutely no excuse for what transpired with them. All evidence points to them being complete hacks. There is no evidence to the contrary.

Do yourself a HUGE favor and STAY AWAY from LANDSHARK AUTOMOTIVE!

Last edited by JBW; 05-22-2010 at 08:35 AM..
Appreciate 0