View Single Post
      01-25-2016, 09:15 AM   #1
370z-135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 370z trading for 2012 135i

Tinted Tail Lights, flame away

I know I'm going to hear about it, but I was sick this weekend and I wanted to see how the lights would look tinted. I already had a 1/2 bottle of tint spray from like 5 years ago, so it was a no cost experiment. I actually like it. It's definitely too dark, so I may wet sand and compound them to lighten them up a bit. The lights shine through with no interference just like stock.

I plan on going the stealth look for the rest of the car including painting the rims gloss black. I would rather have them powdercoated hyperblack, but it's not worth it as I will be getting new rims in the summer time. I couldn't find any reasonable hyperblack spray can paint minus the duplicolor shadow black. The looks of the rims are starting to grow on me, but I still think they would look better in gloss black. In the front, the upper and lower grill are already painted gloss black.

I will also be painting the trim gloss black today. Is it easy to remove without breaking the trim? From what I researched, it looks like it just pulls off by hand. Pull up and pull back is all I could find. I also installed the duck bill spoiler yesterday too. You gotta love removing that 3m tape residue, it was a blast as always.

I love this forum. It's nice not to have to reinvent the wheel (no pun intended) as far as looks are concerned. The second picture is after installing springs and tints. You can see what a must it is to black out the trim. The last pic is my potential summer rims. The next mod will be the BMW performance side skirts, I'm not a huge fan of the stock version. You guys are always so helpful, thanks for reading.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1