ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1962 View Post
I took my Si to the dealer 2 weeks ago and they replaced the trans oil with synthetic. It is really nice. I am not sure what they put in, they just said synthetic.

No I haven't driven one. I am getting second thoughts with the problems I keep reading about here. I don't like having to mod the trans to make it shift like it should in the first place. Plus the fuel pump problems some are having. I am just very worried about too many problems. I was really excited 3 months ago and planned on ordering one in Feb 09. I will think hard for the next 8 months. I really don't know. Plus having to order one and selling my car myself in the winter will be a major hassle. If BMW won't offer me a decent trade I will problably get something else. That way I can sell my car myself in the springtime (April/May 09) then just go to a dealer and buy the car I want thats on the lot. If BMW has an Alpine white manual with a few options on the lot it would be 1,000,000% easier.
The Si trans was way tooo notchy and pooped out of gear until the MT fluid was changed recently. Not everyone is having the fuel pump problem. I have had zero problems with my car.