04-12-2010, 01:51 AM   #16
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Maybe it is not going to a FI engine but NA. The M5 F10 was also tested with the NA 5.5l V10, but they chose the FI 4.4l V8.
This is very possible, I know from experience that there is quite often two possibly three engine options during a model's development of the likes of an M/RS/AMG car so it's very easy to switch preferences prior to release. If the Autocar article is true and the 1M/M1 is believed to offer no better emissions than the 135i then I could easily believe it's switched to N/A, but the only sticking point for me is the suggested amount of torque, 310ft is more than the M3 from 1000cc less, yet we are believed to think it will stick to the same high rev limit......sorry but I don't buy that. In my opinion the only reason for the low torque figure is to give a feeling of an N/A engine from a FI one.

I am convinced that the 1M/M1 will use a reworked N55 with twin turbo configuration and stop/start technology to maintain or possibly improve on the 135i's emissions of 198g/km, I am also convinced that it will rev north of 7K, possibly as high as 7700rpm but until we see the specs we not know if that opinion is right or not.
Appreciate 0