View Single Post
      04-14-2018, 06:57 PM   #1404
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6 m

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Did some reading and appears depends on type of squat you perform whether a lifting shoe is favorable. For narrow quad dominant squats with more forward knee movment a raised heel shoe seems to be more of a benefit than to a wide based squat dominated by hip and glute. I tend to be the later but also suffer some back issues while squating so possibly a lifted heel would help reach depth while remaining more upright. I also have limited range of motion with my right knee due to previous surgeries.
Just remember the closer into your frame the more the more quad in play. The wider is more hamstring and glute. I'm going to be the stick in the mud and say if you've had knee surgeries in the past you really should avoid compaction in the joint and really stick to fixed motion exercises. In regards to the back issue, do you mean stiff feeling with a slight stabbing sensation or.....?

The knee is one of those things where once you hurt it the probability of reinjuring it is off the charts. Especially the ball and socket joints such as shoulder and hip.
Appreciate 0