View Single Post
      05-09-2018, 09:19 AM   #5
Dalecan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Aston V8VS, F85 X5M, TVR, 128i

resolved

So I finally resolved my airbag issue. Both cars were looking for different things with the airbags, but they both used the same single port to plug into.
The 128i was looking for seat position sensors. These inform the airbag system how close the seat is to the steering wheel and decide whether it is safe to deploy the airbags. I found two little plastic sensors on the seat rails (inside yellow oval in picture) and after switching these to the 328 sports seats the dash airbag warning went out, I didn't even have to reset it. So sports seats swap from my 328 into my 128 successful!

Next I had to get the 128 seats working in the 328 so that I could sell the car. I realized that the 328 seats have active headrests and the 128 does not. So I stripped the 328 seats down to remove the active headrest and wiring and wired that up to the 128 seats......voila, communication was successful.

What a relief. I hope this information is useful to others. In short, I successfully transplanted heated sports seats (with ai bolsters and lumber etc) from my aging 328 into a 128.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5