View Single Post
      04-18-2019, 03:59 PM   #2
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

So just an update as I said I would. Car continues to run extremely well. I've heard the more you drive it after the swap, the better it gets as it adapts.

Since I did the swap, I could feel a little difference......but nothing that just knocked my socks off. But then again my butt dyno is skewed after driving my Corvette and I hadn't been getting on the 128i too hard. Plus I've heard of people resetting adaptations after loading the tune, but I didn't do that.

But today for some reason, I could really tell a big difference. Had a chance to hit some back roads and stretch its legs through the first 3 gears.....and honestly I'm quite amazed. Car pulled very hard and smooth right to red line and felt like it wanted to keep going.

I don't know if BPC did anything with the rev limiter in their tune, but I kept it at 7K RPM on the shifts.

Also.....I could not feel any discernable dips when the valves transition, so I think they have it nailed down pretty good.

I guess not having a chance to beat on it a little shaped some of my first impressions, but I was pleasantly surprised today. Actually a little shocked.

Next up will be my headers. Just waiting on some time off and better weather. I will do like before and get the updated tune ordered first so I have that part already done.

I can't wait to see what those will feel like!
E90SRB9.50