06-21-2019, 03:50 AM   #9
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowsdower View Post
Oh right, I forgot you mentioned that. Sounds like you've got all the tools you need already. One thing worth mentioning is that the first drive after resetting adaptations, the car will run in an open loop mode and should run very smoothly. After that, it will start running off the sensors again and may run a little rough at first but should settle down as the adaptations are learned.
Thanks for the heads up! I plan to load the tune today, then start it up and see what happens.

When I got my tune, I told Bob everything I had done and what I would be adding. Only thing left power-wise after this is Milvs.

I hope the headers make a big enough change to make the work of installing them worth it. These rank up their with some of the harder installs I've done as there is just no room too work. My hands and arms will be recovering for days!

With my Corvette, I had my headers installed and the car started in less than 4 hours. Then I loaded my initial tune, then data logged some road pulls.

About a week later I had a chance to get it on the dyno for WOT tuning, and picked up almost 40hp in some areas.

I know the 128i won't pick up that amount, but I hope it's noticble!

Got the Magnaflow installed yesterday, it went on pretty easily. But the tips are massive.

I'm anxious to hear how it sounds! Hopefully not too overbearing.