04-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #28
EFI Logics
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 135i, 08 535Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
Temp testing update !!!!!!

well in preparation for an upcoming event, i installed my Front Ferodo 2500 brake pads, and after the bedding in i made some high speed runs and some deep braking to get a feel for the pads.. side note pads feel great...speeds were.... well... we'll just say HIGH..

when i got to a spot where i could stop and pull over i measured a rotor temp difference of approx 40 + degrees cooler on the side with the F30 backing plate. This as compared to the stock shield which i still have on the right side.. The rotor hat was also about 20 degrees cooler..the calipers were equal in temp.

testing note: i wasent really planning on doing this today but it was such a nice day i went to my special brake bedding in / high speed run oceanside highway. i didnt do as much braking as i should have for more conclusive test as i was just bedding them in..

I am hoping that i get the right side plate before friday.. ill take more temps one night this week before i install the right side.

Overall for an OEM looking plate, with no bending or cutting needed, i have now more high hopes that this will be a good fix.

side note: my car has the performance slotted / drilled rotors and the BMW BBK 6 piston brembos. also installed are Ferodo 2500's and RBF 600 fluid, Titanium shields and stock backing plate to stop the pad from rocking and clicking back and forth (amazing they all fit over the rotor, but just barely, i dont know if it would if i had new rotors. the ones i have now have about 12k miles on them)

also i took the chance to inspect very closely my caliper pistons and seals and after 8 full blown track days and a bunch of auto x's they were 100% intact and seem to be operating as designed.

side note: during the coastal high speed run, i caught a bird in my lower grill...
it didnt make it all the way through, but its head and shoulders were wedged in the plastic honeycomb of the grill.. I puked pulling it out and cleaning up..
sorry bird... but at that speed i wasnt going to ball the car up in the sand dunes to avoid you.. Ill light a candle tomorrow...

Thanks for reading !!
Very cool, nice work!

Edit: Sorry, bird!

-Josh
Appreciate 0