First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i 2017 x5 35i 1988 e30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beattiecj View Post
I think CSF when you buy a radiator it comes with a DCT cooler as well according to Bimmerworld, though pictures only show the radiator.

If you end up with a DCT, never had any issue with overheating at the track driven in 85 degree temps, through you need the step down blocker. It's a 3D printed half inch piece of plastic that snaps into the back of the gas pedal and prevents the car auto down shifting even in manual mode. I have no complaints with the dct, would a manual be great from a "purist" standpoint sure. Either way you will be fine.
Don't think thats true. I have DCT and purchased a CSF radiator (obviously the spec for DCT vehicles), it did not come with an extra cooler. Though, I discovered the DCT cooler/heat exchanger when I was trying to remove the stock radiator (you can't swap radiators for the DCT without disconnecting the transmission cooler mounted in front of it). This was a big task at the time when I was doing the OFHG and decided to shelf it for a later date. So now my CSF radiator is sitting in the garage hoping to be installed one day lol
Good to know, and I think I'll hold off on the csf radiator for now
Appreciate 0