View Single Post
      03-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #1
martinsmu
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i, White/ red int

My review of the JB3 PNP

Like 100's of other post, here is my personal review of the JB3 PNP.

Install was a little intimidating at the biginning, but once you get under way, it wasn't that bad. The hardest part IMO is closing the DME box with all the new extra wires. Total install time for me, 1hour 30mins. haha. I am slow, but I make sure I do a good job, especially the first time around.

The bad; Choosing maps is awesome, but you have no way of know what map you are on. I wish there was a way to know for 100% sure what map you are running. Also wish there was a little more low-end torque. (maybe I had my expectations to high)

Good; Cheap, easy to install, map switch. Although low end torque was a little absent, speed builds up real quick. REAL QUICK!! (alot quicker than the SS/TT by comparison) You can feel the tune is a little less for bottom end (AKA procede) and more for higher rpms! But what I LOVE is that the car doesn't die in the higher rpms. It almost feels like an N/A car. Overall awesome tunes for and awesome price. Props to Terrance and his tune.

No flaming please, just stating un-biased opinion here. I am sure the procede V3 is a good tune. And the SS/TT always treated me well.
Appreciate 0