11-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #69
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by brracing View Post
AND class dismissed, Abid will be here all week to help go over your homework in terms of physics and thermodynamics.

I wouldn't go that far. I don't think you guys have NEARLY enough information to just dismiss them, especially when your main reasoning seems to be that they're just too expensive to make.

You're not schooling anyone in physics and thermodynamics here until you've got some data, and so far I don't see that you do. You're guessing just like everyone else, and attempting to back your guesses up with theorys that may or may not hold up in this situation.

The tubes are small, and anytime you've got high velocity flow through a small tube there's going to be a pressure drop. You can't deny that. The only question here is whether or not there's enough pressure drop to justtify the cost involved with making the tubes larger, and the bottom line is you just don't know.

If you've modeled the tubes and simulated the drops across the entire boost and RPM ranges, then I'll retract that, but I'm betting you haven't.

The wrap-around tubes are an OBVIOUS choke point, and you guys are damaging your credibility trying to convince people who know better that they aren't.

Last edited by jeremyc74; 11-20-2009 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: Added Picture
Appreciate 0