11-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #71
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr engineering View Post
The information you're providing here is absolutely false and again based on assumption. I'd really like for you to explain to everyone here how running anything bigger than 1.45" in diameter will help increase airflow to the stock turbos, when the max compressor cover inside diameter is 1.45" at the compressor wheel inducer? We know this information because we've done the R&D and the math. It's obvious you're basing your informtaion on speculation and not real proof or data. The engineers at BMW specifically designed the intake system to support VE at the compressor inducer.

We have done over 150 passes on the dyno with our turbo upgrades with all three intake designs we've discussed and non of them supported the power of our intake. Shiv has posted all the dyno graphs and has openly discussed this before on previous threads. I really have a hard time understanding how you can question our data and dyno graphs when your information about choke point and piping diameter come from pure guesswork and speculation.

We have openly stated here on the boards that we are more than willing to back up our claims for stock turbo applications and will post all datalogs and dyno graphs.

Are you suggesting that just because the tubes aren't smaller than the turbo inlets they're not causing a restriction?

What dyno charts have been shown that demonstrat that there's no power to be gained from increasing the tube size?
Appreciate 0