View Single Post
      11-20-2009, 02:26 PM   #75
asr engineering
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM135i View Post
No need to take an ugly tone. We are all just enthusiast here trying to figure out the best parts to accomplish our power goals. I would say the real world proof of Larry Owens car (the record holder for any 135i, stock turbos or otherwise) makes it worth looking into. If the stock BMW parts are so great, then why do we need a new intake, exhaust, inter-cooler, and other bits and pieces to make more HP if it is designed with perfect efficiency?

If the ID of the pipes taper down to 1.25-1.3 inches, and the diameter of the compressor wheel is 1.45, then we would see greater efficiency if we changed the pipes to 1.5" ID. you seem to be contradicting yourself by stating that the gains would occur until you reach the maximum 1.45" of the compressor housing.

No offense, but how are your 2 cone filters in a box so much better flowing than any others without the box? Where are shivs posts? I have not seen them here on 1addicts... Is it at e90post? Shiv seems to be a lot more active on there.

I searched here and couldn't find the dyno's proving that the intake pipes going to the turbos were adequate, could you post the link?
Not taking an ugly tone here at all, just simply stating the facts. You're stating that you're just enthusiasts trying to figure out the best parts for the your power goals, but than bash a product based on assumption and no technical data. What you're mis-understanding is the fact that the stock intake tubes were engineered to meet the specifications of the stock turbo compressor inlet diameter. This is what I mean about how BMW engineer's designed the system. Referencing the limitations of other products that are designed by BMW Engineers has no siginificance or bearing to the inlet diameter of the stock intake tubes matching the inlet diameter of the stock turbo compressor, since we are comparing stock to stock.

We're not contradicting ourselves since we have tested our upgraded turbos with stock tubing completely disconnected resulting in no gain in power or torque at all. If we were to have seen any siginificant gains at all, we would've designed new intake tubes to match our TT upgrades. If the stock inlet tubes can support 538whp, which is within the compressor maps of our upgraded turbos, this is just a prime example of their VE capability.

Shiv's posts are located on a thread he started on E90post with the results of our tt upgrade dyno tuning session. I believe the thread title is "500hp Been There Done That". Dyno sheets are located all over the thread including Stage I pump gas files all the way up to Stage III race and meth files. I would be more than happy to re-post a dyno sheet of our results if you haven't already seen it, but we are not permitted to do so since we are not a vendor. Although, we can provide this information to BR Racing to post if you can't find it on e90post.
Appreciate 0