05-05-2019, 07:50 AM   #14
E30 Racer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '09 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost3d_1M View Post
I think the only advantage / disadvantage of the strut brace mounted occ ( I had the bms high side occ on my 335) is that it can be pretty much hidden under the cowel as it's towards the firewall. The disadvantage is that it's not easily accessible and would mean removing the cowel at a minimum to empty out the tank.

I agree with you that the Mishimoto has a really nice filter setup but on the other hand I like the volume of the tank of the bms
To me, accessibility is key...especially on a daily used in the Midwest. Pulling the cowl, and the brittle plastic bits associated with it, in the middle of the winter would suck to the point I could see the drain interval being excessively deferred.

I like the Mishimoto N54 mounting bracket for this reason. Again, accessibility/functionality trump optimal underhood aesthetics IMO (for a daily anyway). This is the direction I'll probably go with my 335, but perhaps with an adapter for the BMS can.

Having said all that, maybe just using the M3 cowl would be the way to go. Better accessibility to the valve cover cover would also be nice. It is an N54 after all , and it seems like I'm pulling that thing with higher frequency as the miles build...
Appreciate 0