11-02-2021, 10:11 AM   #4
PRTSB1M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW3 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Yes, looking at these pictures on my mobile, it looks good. Certainly on styling they do not seem out of place. What interior spec from the M2 are these (what color is the stitching)? Since the 1M was denied having anything better as the sportseats of the day, anything seat with bucket/additional bolstering features will look more appropriate.

Are these fully functional wrt seat positioning, memory and heating. Any details on coding would be interesting for the community.

How does the lowest seat height compare to the stock seats?
I was wanting to get the M Performance seats, but they aren't easy to come by and I wanted to retain heating functionality from dash buttons as I live in a cooler climate. I happened across these on eBay one day, they are from a 2019 M2 competition. I think the stitching is slightly more red than the 1M, but not noticeable unless you're looking for it. I also swapped the emblems from the original black ///M2 emblems to the aluminum finished ///M emblems. I haven't wired up the welcome lights, yet, but everything works as expected except for the passenger occupancy sensor which has to be coded out (OC3_1 == nicht_aktiv in ABG module). I think this gets coded out with M Performance seats, also.

As a measure of the lower seating position, my left elbow (LHD car) used to naturally rest on the door-card armrest and now falls just below the armrest with seat in lowest position (I actually prefer this). I think my feet hit the pedals at a better angle. My right elbow now naturally rests on the center armrest, where it didn't quite reach this armrest before. My guess is these are just as low (maybe lower) as 1er manual seats.
Appreciate 3
CarJunkie2616.50
ayao643.00
eeghie299.50