View Single Post
      10-09-2018, 08:48 PM   #16
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowsdower View Post
The workbench is from Sears. It's about 6' long with a butcher block top. I got mine from a scratch and dent sale, it's decent but not super sturdy. If I were to do it again I would build a bench out of 2x4s.

Yeah my garage has a weird config. From the street it looks like a 2-car, but one bay is 30' deep and the other is 20'. So I have my workshop area shown in the photo, plus a normal 2-car garage.

Sorry I'm flooding your thread here. I am just thinking through what I would change about my own garage if I could start over. My floor has been epoxied (from previous owners) with the flakes in it. I highly recommend the coating, but I would skip the flakes. The flakes are there to hide dirt but they actually just hide dropped bolts. I would strongly recommend a solid color if you do a floor coating.
In the large corner I will be building my own affixed bench. I need the bench to be sturdy because I plan on having a utility vise.

I actually enjoy reading your posts and looking at ideas you did for your garage. Keep flooding

I received the 4 pack of shop lights and already installed two of them. I will install the other two tomorrow. But wow! Already what a difference, especially in the color of the walls in the white light. I can't wait to see what all four of them lit up will be like and with the cars in the garage.

I did have to take a step back, because both my hot and cold spigots mildly burst when I tried using them for the first time connected with my power washer. I returned the spigots to Home Depot and got my money back and need to look at more durable and reliable spigots that can handle the temperature and the pressure for my setup. Overall, this garage is really coming together and turning out better than I imagined! Waiting until Black Friday for the tool chest I am hunting for to go down in price.