View Single Post
      07-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #38
M3_CSL_E92
Private
Rep
Drives: none atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
You will find the majority of people on this forum don't follow racing at all. It is surprising to me too. How could all these people who mod their cars almost religiously not be into racing. Like you said, where do they think the technology comes from.

LOL, I watch an abnormal amount of motorsports. My friends and family think I am a little too crazy about it.
Yea i thought so, bit sad actually and sort confirms that many buy the cars because of the badge and not really what the badge stands for.
I could be wrong though.

Hope you did not take it offensively it was really just a question
Iīm like you, but only really follows 2 series right now.

F1 obviously
ALMS GT class cheering for BMW! They have gotten themselves a damn good car this year with the new aero pack it just looks stunning!

Last year it was the constructor or team title and hopefully this year itīs the driverīs title aswell.

They have won the first two events of the season and got third place in Le Mans 24H despite having the fastest car on the grid taking pole and all.
And i watched some hours of Imola 6 hours, not sure but i think they got a podium there aswell. with the Ferrariīs taking the Top2 spots

And again BMW was leading the race

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
I cared about BMW motorsports when they were in F1. Once they dropped out of F1, I more or less lost interest. It's not just a cliche that F1 is the pinnacle of motorsports.
True but F1 really has zero to do with the cars they build for the streets.
But i agree, itīs the pinnacle of motorsports in a way.
Question is why you stopped watching it?
Appreciate 0